CCNRC Announces Its New Name: Sagepoint Senior Living Services
Reflects nonprofit organization’s growing continuum of care for seniors in Southern Maryland
LA PLATA, Md. (January 12, 2015) – The Board of Trustees for the Charles County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (CCNRC) announced today that the organization has officially changed its name to Sagepoint Senior Living Services.
For more than 30 years, Southern Maryland families have counted on CCNRC for trusted advice and a unique continuum of care for seniors. The leaders of the nonprofit organization see tremendous changes coming, with triple-digit growth projected for the area’s senior population over the next couple of decades, and new demands on the healthcare industry to adapt how and where these seniors will receive care.
The Board chose the name “Sagepoint” to better reflect how the organization provides “sage advice at every point in senior care” during what can be a challenging time for families caring for an aging loved one.
“While our name is changing, we’re still the same nonprofit organization, the same people, the same trusted resource—with the same commitment to the community,” said Carolyn Core, Chair of the Board of Trustees. “We’re proud of our experienced advisors and caregivers who have a passion to serve. And now, we’re ready to grow and better serve the next generation of Southern Maryland families.”
Sagepoint Senior Living Services will continue to provide an unmatched range of care and services that include:
- Sagepoint Adult Day Services. Professional care, supervision and medical services during the day, in a positive, welcoming environment.
- Sagepoint Rehabilitation. Superior short-term care and therapies to help people recover, regain their independence, and get back to life.
- Sagepoint Gardens Assisted Living (formerly called Abbey Manor). Helping hands and a warm community to help residents enjoy a more active lifestyle and live every day to the fullest.
- Sagepoint Long-term Care. Skilled nursing services delivered with clinical excellence, in a comfortable and caring environment.
- Sagepoint Memory Care (formerly called Homeplace). State-of-the-art living and personal, caring supervision for those suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia.
The community is invited to stop in and see the ongoing renovations to the main campus or talk to a Sagepoint Advisor by calling 301-934-1900.